View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013   #30
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 6th round Chris Jones DT BGSU

Don't know why I put the evaluation for Jones in the UDFA thread earlier today.

At any rate, I was watching the Florida game (their first game of the 2012 season), and I like what I saw.

Even the commentator mentioned early in the game that Jones can start in the SEC.

Through 3 quarters (I haven't finished the game yet), Jones tallied 3 QB pressures.
One of them could have been a sack if the two defenders had not bumped into each other when they got close to the QB around the same time.
On another one, a critical 3rd and 8 near the BG end zone, Jones chased the QB toward the side line. Another defender came up to help, forcing the QB to step out of bound, losing yardage in the process.
The times when the Gators tried to run near Jones, they weren't successful.
Longest gain was 3 yards, a few others were for minimal gain, and one went to a 2-yd loss.
Jones did not make the tackle directly, but he either shut the play down or made it hard for the offense.

This guy is becoming more intriguing for me now.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote