View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013   #57
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Expectations for DeAndre Hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Reminds me of the old story about the two nurses and expectations. One nurse had wanted to be a doctor and because of a lot of things, flunked out and turned to nursing, instead. Another nurse had always wanted to be a nurse. One was bitter and unhappy because being a nurse was a sign of failure and the other was happy because being a nurse was a fulfillment of a dream.

You didn't like drafting any WR in this class in the 1st round because you don't think any of them are potential #1s and all I'm looking for is a #2 across from Andre. So even though our expectations for Hopkins' production this season are similar, our feelings about that production and the selection of the player can be quite different.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have some seasons coming up where both Andre and Deandre are over 1000 yards. I definitely expect Hopkins to be at least as good as KW was at his best.
I'm happy we drafted Hopkins.
I would be a little happier if we accumulate picks for next year.
Either way, I'm happy.

And yes, I also expect Hopkins to be better than KW at his best, eventually.
I also said that Hopkins does have a chance to become a number one.
My expectation for him seems to be a tad higher than yours; how could that be?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote