View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013   #49
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Expectations for DeAndre Hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Anyhow, I don't know if these numbers prove what I believe is true, but Matt spreads the ball around very well, this offense is designed to give him several options. He will scan the defense pre-snap, superimpose his routes on what he believes they are trying to do & with that information, he determines where his first read will be, then his second, third, & so on.

There is also a level of trust with his receivers, he knows what they can & can't do. Triple coverage, depending on specifics, doesn't necessarily ward him away from Andre Johnson. Shuffling new WRs into the line-up every 3 or 4 games probably didn't help him in December when every other team was playing their best ball.

I expect Schaub to have additional confidence in Keyshawn who will most likely be the slot WR, he's just got to catch the ball (he got open early & often last season), & LeStar who is very similar to Hopkins & will be rotating through that WR2 position (like KDub & Jacoby).

JMO, but if Hopkins gets more than 40 catches as a rookie, then he & Schaub clicked a lot earlier than I thought they would, or Hopkins is a lot better than anyone thought he would be.
It's not easy to project a hard number because there are so many variables as I had mentioned in several posts.

If the Texans D play well and the special win their battle (mostly due to Lechler), the Texans may find themselves ahead more often than not.
If that happens, the Texans would run more; the receivers wouldn't have as much opportunities.

If the opposite happens such that the Texans find themselves needing to pass more often, there would be more opportunities for the receivers.

If the run game is effective early, the Texans could have more success in their passing attacks (more yards, but not necessarily more catches.)

If there's an injury to AJ or OD (or if the Texans save them for the playoffs), others could see more opportunities.

And so on.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote