View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: 2013 Expectations for DeAndre Hopkins

Anyhow, I don't know if these numbers prove what I believe is true, but Matt spreads the ball around very well, this offense is designed to give him several options. He will scan the defense pre-snap, superimpose his routes on what he believes they are trying to do & with that information, he determines where his first read will be, then his second, third, & so on.

There is also a level of trust with his receivers, he knows what they can & can't do. Triple coverage, depending on specifics, doesn't necessarily ward him away from Andre Johnson. Shuffling new WRs into the line-up every 3 or 4 games probably didn't help him in December when every other team was playing their best ball.

I expect Schaub to have additional confidence in Keyshawn who will most likely be the slot WR, he's just got to catch the ball (he got open early & often last season), & LeStar who is very similar to Hopkins & will be rotating through that WR2 position (like KDub & Jacoby).

JMO, but if Hopkins gets more than 40 catches as a rookie, then he & Schaub clicked a lot earlier than I thought they would, or Hopkins is a lot better than anyone thought he would be.