View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013   #2
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 17553 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rookie mini-camp

Don't mind if I jump in..

Some insight from some tweeters that are there..

Quote:
Kubiak: Thinks a great opportunity for one of the UDFA RBs to make team /number of guys looked like real deal guys at practice
Quote:
Kubiak: After morn practice. RBs at rookie camp should be excited. "We have two on our team. There's an opportunity"
Quote:
Texans rookie minicamp flash? Hopkins' catches. /bunch of media saying all in unison "Did you see that?"
Quote:
One Hopkins catch looked like sure interception downfield on misthrown ball. Surprised he grabbed it. Also got one-hand catch behind him.
Quote:
DeAndre Hopkins is a special player. Understands how to play the position. #Texans
Quote:
Hopkins showed his hands off the entire day. Made a one handed catch that left me speechless bc it happen so fast.
Quote:
#texans LB Sam Montgomery told me he tweaked his back during drills. Kubiak says he may sit out the afternoon session, Sam says he won't
LOL

Quote:
All rookie draft picks were accounted for during mini camp.
Quote:
D.J. Swearinger is a leader. Already directing traffic and is well put together player.
Quote:
Alan Bonner is bigger in person than what I realized. He looks like he can play either inside or outside.
Quote:
Brennan Williams is an athletic big right tackle who can move. He is one to watch.
Quote:
Brennan Williams and David Quesseberry are the first guys you want off the charter bus.
Quote:
Kubiak very impressed with DeAndre Hopkins. Also singled out Bonner. Said they know what they want to do w/ball before catching it. #Texans
Quote:
Trevardo Williams showed why he is a edge rusher, can lean and get low. Has good closing speed.
Quote:
Hopkins had some very impressive catches. A nice one handed catch early in the session. Stared down Swearinger after one.
CALM DOWN , GUYS! IT'S JUST PRACTICE!

Quote:
Talked to Swearinger after practice and he said he was born to lead and looks forward to that role in Houston.
Quote:
Swearinger and Hopkins both laughed after practice about this little rivalry they've got going.
Will add more but I think i'll space it out a little better

Tweeters are Patrick Starr, Stephanie Stradley, Marc Vandemeer, and Tania Ganguli.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote