View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013   #60
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Superbowl in houston has failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I don't know about any of y'all, but I would be personally upset if Miami moved to LA. I hate to see any team move, but Miami has history and tradition there. I can justify other teams, but not the Dolphins.
From the article:

Quote:
Dee had said last month owner Stephen Ross would not renovate the stadium without a public-private partnership. Ross reiterated that there will be no renovation in an interview with CBS4 in Miami, saying it would be "difficult" to do the renovations on a more limited basis.
Regarding the team's future in Miami, Dee said, "I wouldn't want to prognosticate what the future holds, but it's clearly bleak."
LA is not going to put public money toward a stadium either, so I really don't see such a move happening. I think the NFL keeps throwing LA out there in every one of these situations as some sort of a threat, but the truth is LA has proven they can't get the support necessary to build an NFL stadium. Not enough people out there care enough. The NFL hates that, because it's a huge market, but there's not much they can do about it.

If a team moves, it'll be just like the Colts or Oilers. They'll move to a somewhat smaller city that's trying to move up in the world and thinks that an NFL team is a step in that direction. And if the NFL continues trying to strongarm cities into essentially lining private owners' pockets with public dollars, they'll keep moving teams.