View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013   #464
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& this is the point. You're using supposition as "fact" & saying the Texans aren't doing their due diligence to make the most of the draft.

Even though it was presented that the Texans wanted a 4th

This would suggest if the Patriots offered a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 7th they would have took it. Since they didn't trade away the 27th pick the most obvious conclusion was that it wasn't offered.

Yet you believe since the Vikings made that trade with New England, that offer was presented to the Texans & that's just not the case. 1+2 does not equal 5.

Now, if your criticism is that the Texans should have taken the Ram's offer, or that they should have been able to coax a 4th into the Ram's offer, then that's a different story.

Right now, the point is there is no evidence that the Vikings offered to trade up to 27.
For the last time, TK.

The fact is that there was a trade; even if it wasn't offered, there was a possibility. At no point did I say that there was an offer made.

A good sales staff should work the phone hard and leave no stone unturned.
Work better with a solid plan so they can sniff out the lead before it even surfaces.
It goes far and beyond that, as I understand that coaches and GMs have their own little circles just like in any profession.
I'd like the Texans to have a "spy" in each of those circles.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote