View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013   #460
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swearinger View Post
Howdy all. Just wanted to say as a die hard, long time Gamecocks fan living in Columbia SC, i think Houston got the best all around WR in the draft. Time will tell if that's true of course but i really think he is.

He's not a low 4.3 blazer like Austin as some of you already know by studying up on him, but he's fast enough to be a home run threat and make big plays. He does everything quite well and can do it in either the slot or as an outside #2 WR. Something Austin probably won't be able to do in the NFL (other than a returner of course) due to his small frame and small catch radius. Hopkins gives you more options and is more versatile for a wider variety of offensive packages.

My only knock or area where i think Nuk needs and can improve that is vital in Houstons offense is his blocking. I think he needs to be stronger in that area and more aggressive there. Swearinger even got him during the SC/Clemson game last year about Nuks lack of it and told him he's "going to get his RB killed" if he doesn't block better. But that is something that can be coached up and i think Nuk will work his butt off to improve int hat area. He's a coachable kid.

Even though i despise Clemson, i always give credit where credit is due and Hopkins is a heck of player. Great route runner, excellent hands, he'll fight for the ball, and he's excellent after the catch. Things i've witnessed first hand. I think he's just the type of WO the Texans were looking for to help their offense and feel pretty confident he won't let you or the organization down.

Anywho, looking forward to checking out the forum and following Nuk and Swearinger and Montgomery, who i was really hoping he would commit to South Carolina since he's from the area, careers and wish them all nothing but great success.
Welcome to TexansTalk. Thanks for the input. Looking forward to seeing these guys in action.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote