Thread: NFL's best OLB
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: NFL's best OLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I guess people will probably disagree with me, but I think Cushing was a better 4-3 OLB than he is a 3-4 ILB. He didn't put up the sack numbers that a guy like Von Miller does, but he was used differently, and he created havoc all over the field. And he was just a rookie.
I find it hard to judge Cushing as a SAM LB.... mainly because the line was so poor back then, he was asked to rush the QB more than he should & not like an 4-3 SAM would with a good OL.

We blitzed Brian Cushing, because we had to. Back then, I loved Antonio's passion & energy, but he wasn't getting it done & the inside of our line was...... lacking. It would have been intersting to see him play 4-3 Sam with a decent line, or just a better UT than what we had.