View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013   #431
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Why would that be so hard to believe?

You're suggesting that we pass on the bird in the hand & drop out of the first round all together. There were several teams that many thought would have taken a WR before us. Just from the little bit I saw & read, I was shocked Patterson was still there.

& like I said, if Patterson would have gone at 24, the Vikings would have used 25 to pick Hopkins & tried to trade back into the first for Xavier Rhodes later.
What it looks like is that the Vikings had Shariff Flloyd and Xavier Rhodes way ahead of any receiver left on board at the time they took their first pick.
That was why they took those two, right?

Then they traded up to grab a receiver (Patterson), that's a fact right?

Who do you think they have higher on their board?
Hopkins or Patterson?

Let's say they have Patterson (and Hopkins might be the third, the fourth or fifth receiver on their board, whatever.)

Aren't they concerned that the Texans may take Patterson?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote