View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013   #27
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston vs Chargers at home next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H*Mac View Post
We're planning on going to this game as our first ever Road Game! Where is everyone staying? Any suggestions? We've never been to San Diego.
I've never been to a game there, but I have visited San Diego several times.
If you have an extended visit, 3 or more days, I may have some suggestions, depending on what you want to do.

A nice area is of course, west of Sea World, near the beach.
It's on the Northwest corner of Frwy 5 and 8.
The 5 goes North South and the 8 goes East West.
Going East will take you to the stadium, at most a 15 minute drive in normal traffic.

On another occasion, we stayed in La Jolla.
It's an upscale area; it's a mix really, kinda like West U on the beach.
It has a mix of trendy establishments and quaint shops.
About 20 minutes to Qualcomm.

The inexpensive area is in the Southwest corner of the 5 and 8 (it's directly South of Sea World across the 8.
We stayed at a Wyndham garden last year for $50 (I don't know how the wife found that deal).
The airport is just a little further South.

I've never stayed in downtown, but did stayed on Coronado Island, which is West Southwest of Downtown (the crossing bridge is south of downtown); that would be another nice area.

The south and southeast area of Qualcomm are Normal Heights and Mid City, where the locals hang out.
From the 805 all the way to the 15, and just past it to the East
I've never stayed in this area, but I have been to shops in the area, and was told about good eats (but didn't have time to try).
You can find a little of everything here from Richmond-like area to Asian town.

Hope it helps!

Last edited by 76Texan; 05-07-2013 at 03:01 PM.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote