View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013   #30
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 241209 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Kubiak: Collin Klein will get a chance at QB @ rookie minicamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
As for Keenum usurping Schaub- will. never. happen. He might stick as the 3rd QB or get put on the PS again (keeping 3 real QBs in the system is always a good idea), but him challenging for the starting role is laughable.

I am awaiting the reaction from the UH squad.
Has anyone seriously argued that he will? I know 76Texan has posted on Keenum's positive qualities, but I don't even think he has predicted or called for Keenum to replace Schaub. As a UH guy, all I'd like to see is Keenum and Yates get a much greater chance in training camp and preseason to fail (Yates much moreso than Keenum). If Keenum can't cut it, I want to see that. A bunch of guys on the internet telling me he's no good has no more worth than a bunch of guys on the internet telling me he's the next Tom Brady.

I know what we have in Schaub. I don't need to see a lot of him in TC and preseason. Hell, I didn't much like seeing him over the last six games of the regular season last year, so I sure don't need to see him in meaningless games. I want to see what Yates and Keenum have, and since I recognize that Schaub has the experience and to this point the best proven skill set, I want to see those guys in TC and preseason. But it seems every preseason, we don't get to see the backup QB with the first stringers against the first stringers.