View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013   #29
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak: Collin Klein will get a chance at QB @ rookie minicamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
He is a developmental project. He has the speed and strength to make plays with his feet but he needs to work on his technique and delivery if he's ever going to succeed in the NFL as a QB.

Aaron Rodgers had an extremely odd delivery when he was drafted at 24th overall but was able to learn and develop with the coaches and is now arguably the best QB in the game.

Could Klein have the same results? Most likely no, but there is room to dream.
You could argue Jeff Tedford and the way he coaches his qb's to hold and deliver the ball is the biggest reason Rodgers fell like he did. He had a good career at Cal, but prior to him there was a stigma about Tedford qb's and coaches were weary. Dilfer, Akili Smith, Carr, Harrington and then Boller.

In addition to this go back and look at some tape of Rodgers' delivery in JUCO and then look at his delivery at Cal....and look at his delivery now...His JUCO delivery and his delivery now look different from his delivery at Cal.

I say all that to say that Klien's throwing motion may not be all on him..maybe he was coached that way ...It looks really robotic/formulaic. As i look at it though, the only thing i see that he's got to get better at is his speed...maybe shorten his wind up...its not a Byron Leftwhich - Tim Tebow wind up, but its pretty slow...Ben Rothlisberger-esque.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote