View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013   #46
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed will miss OTA's due to hip surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekdbag View Post
It's the other hip..

“He has had this issue on the other side before, so once it started happening, that's when we got aggressive in what we needed to do to get him ready to play this season."

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...6-ffc772585adf
I read that last night. Most of my previous posts still stand re. the originally injured hip, and a "minor" tear of a contralateral hip (cartilaginous damage). With this confirmation of the new tear being on the contralateral hip, there brings into play the possibility of presence of a classic "triad" which is not uncommonly closely associated with these injuries.........i.e., hip labral tears, rectus abdominis tears, and adductor strains in NFL players have come to be formally coined the “Sports Hip Triad.” There is nothing to be getting relaxed about by the revelation of any additional injuries to Reed's hip, even though it is on the other side. It only affirms progression of an injury history. Yet time will tell what affect it has in terms of short-term and long-term performance.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote