View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013   #418
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 31037 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Several people used Watkins' drop off in production in 2012, without properly explaining the situation, as a way of countering steelb's argument that Hopkins wasn't the best WR on his team. I was clearing up what the situation at Clemson was this year, because it was being misrepresented.

What don't you understand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Err, OK. Watkins sounds great (if you want someone who is usually suspended or injured j/k sorta) but since he was not available in this draft I don't understand what he has to do with anything, unless the plan is the Texans should suspend operations for a year until he is available. Hopkins was the guy they thought was best at 27 this year. Interesting but not relevant that he is the 1st / 2nd / 12th best on his college team.
I don't understand why the quality of a player not in this year's draft makes a difference in where / if players in this draft should be picked. I don't think picking Hopkins is a mistake because someone not in the draft is better. Unless, again, the Texans should suspend football operations until Watkins is available which seems to be where 76 is going:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
This is why I wanted for the Texans to trade for future draft picks so that they can move up next year to get one of the 3 guys: Watkins, Marquise Lee (USC) or Brandon Coleman (Rutgers - this guy is 6'5 and built like Megatron)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zhPTLZ3Tdc

All three will be Juniors just like Hopkins.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote