View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013   #1
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Statistical Analysis of the TexansTalk Draft Grades

Hey guys,

after the dust settled I figures IŽd take another look at our draft grades from the polls we did at draft night. I did some minor culculations to see, how this board rated our draft.

So here are our draft grades:

Round 1 WR DeAndre Hopkins: 1.26 (A+)

Round 2 FS DJ Swearinger: 1.44 (A)

Round 3 OT Brennan Williams: 1.82 (B+)

Round 3 OLB Sam Montgomery: 2.02 (B)

Round 4 OLB Trevardo Williams: 1.63 (A-)

Round 6 OT David Quessenberry: 1.13 (A+)

Round 6 WR Alan Bonner: 4.23 (D)

Round 6 NT Chris Jones: 2.16 (B)

Round 6 TE Ryan Griffin: 2.59 (B-)

Overall non weighted: 2.03 (B)

Overall weighted: 1.81 (A-B)

For the weighted score I just used a simple formular: A Round 1 pick is worth twice of what a Round 2 pick is worth, three times a Round 3 pick and so on. There are probably more elegant ways, but I tried to keep it simple.

Summary: This board basically loves our first 6 picks (a little unsure about Montgomery which is probably due to his reported "character flaws"), hates our second 6 Rounder, WR Alan Bonner (probably because no one knew him... he might surprise some people though) and are a little meh on the last two picks. The best received pick of this draft is OT David Quessenberry, probably because he was rated much higher than the 6th Round by most.
Overall this draft earns a pretty solid B if you don`t weigh the draft picks, or an A- to B+ if you do weigh it.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote