View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013   #415
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekdbag View Post
I understand your thinking and I agree with it to an extent, but I doubt the Texans were going to trade their first for future picks unless they were blown away by a deal. They certainly take the long-term status of the club into account, but they are also in win now mode as well. And I doubt many teams were breaking down the Texans' door with future firsts in order to get the 27th pick in a draft where there was great depth but not as many gamechangers as usual. The weak qb class didn't help.
I don't know how they did it, but I was checking around for fun starting with 1999 in the draft history section from a couple of sites, and saw that there were four teams with at least two first round picks.

Then in 2000, there were three teams, including the Jets with three picks.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote