View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013   #412
greekdbag
Veteran

Rep Power: 1796 greekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
This is why I wanted for the Texans to trade for future draft picks so that they can move up next year to get one of the 3 guys: Watkins, Marquise Lee (USC) or Brandon Coleman (Rutgers - this guy is 6'5 and built like Megatron)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zhPTLZ3Tdc

All three will be Juniors just like Hopkins.
I understand your thinking and I agree with it to an extent, but I doubt the Texans were going to trade their first for future picks unless they were blown away by a deal. They certainly take the long-term status of the club into account, but they are also in win now mode as well. And I doubt many teams were breaking down the Texans' door with future firsts in order to get the 27th pick in a draft where there was great depth but not as many gamechangers as usual. The weak qb class didn't help.
greekdbag is offline   Reply With Quote