View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013   #409
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 30145 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
After looking at what the Vikings did, I doubt they were interested in our pick.

Surely they knew Austin was out of their reach so they wanted to make sure they got Hopkins or Patterson. After we took Hopkins, they probably tried to get 28 from the Broncos before anyone else could. I think they pushed pretty hard & the Broncos didn't take.

That's the only way I can explain why they gave up so much for 29, because they pushed so hard for 28, didn't get it, so they threw the same offer to the Patriots to make sure no one else had a chance.
Exactly. They were probably sitting waiting until the first one went, then they would try to move up for the other one. Or maybe not, we don't know, which is kind of the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
It's funny how so many people cite statistics from last year when comparing Hopkins and Watkins. Y'all clearly did not watch, or follow Clemson for the past two seasons. Two or three people have already tried to compare the two player's statistics in 2012, while ignoring Watkins' injury and his play in 2011, as if that is the whole story.

Lesson learned, most people just look at statistics and repeat what they read from others. Any mild football fan that has watched Clemson play in the past two years can see that Watkins is more talented and a better prospect than Hopkins. It's clear as day.

I love Hopkins, but this deal where people compare the two based on 2012 statistics alone is a joke and shows how little they actually know about the situation.

Watkins got suspended for the first two games, he then injured his ankle in his third game back I believe it was. Not to mention, he wasn't even needed for his first game back. Dude barely even saw the field in the second half of that game. The injury continued to bother him until the bowl game against LSU in which he suffered a leg injury very early on. So, he essentially played in only 8.5 games, injured, and still had over 700 yards.

/rant

Sorry, had to get that out there.
Err, OK. Watkins sounds great (if you want someone who is usually suspended or injured j/k sorta) but since he was not available in this draft I don't understand what he has to do with anything, unless the plan is the Texans should suspend operations for a year until he is available. Hopkins was the guy they thought was best at 27 this year. Interesting but not relevant that he is the 1st / 2nd / 12th best on his college team.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote