View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013   #406
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Watkins very well could go on to have a better career, but he was not the #1 option last season. Hopkins is older and probably matured his last season at Clemson.. reason why he had the better season. But PRODUCTION is a big piece to the pie and Hopkins was more productive than Watkins in every damn receiving area (catches, yards, yards per catch, and TDs... and no category was even remotely close) Now Watkins could have a higher ceiling and since he's now stepping into that role we'll now see how his season matches up to the one Hopkins had. Having said that, to try to throw what Hopkins accomplished to the side and act like he wasn't the top target on his team last season is just false.. completely false.
Oh, I am not at all taking anything away from Hopkins. I'm just giving some back to Watkins here. Hopkins was my guy for us just as the season ended, so your talking to a Hopkins fan here. I just think it's unfair to leave out so much about the situation and act like Hopkins surpassed Watkins based on pure level of play.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote