View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013   #403
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 28283 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
What's with all of this we crap?

The Texans are BoB's team. He wants a certain type of player on his team and really could care less what the avg fan thinks, as long as those corporate $$$$ keep rolling in.

The NFL is strioctly a big business monopoly that puts what's good for the owners bank accounts 1st and foremost. If you dont see that look at the rules changes God'ell is forcing down the fans throats at the behest of the owners. God'ell could give 2 craps about saftey. But he does care about how much $$$$ the owners are going to have to pay out in the concussion lawsuits. Even if the rule changes will ruin the game that we all love.

End of rant

BTW, I wanted Short over Hopkins. Like most of this yrs draft picks Hopkins is a very good player (He wasn't even the best WR on his college team) but not a true differencemaker.
End of rant??? I doubt it. You hate the NFL, you hate the Texans, you hate McNair (WTF with the BoB anyway?), you hate Rick Smith, you hate Kubiak, you hate Schaub, you hate any Texans player who isn't a felon (because BoB likes non-felons). I have some suggestions for you: Titans, Cowboys, Bengals. More the type owner/player you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Whoa...... didn't say the guy wasn't any good, said there were questions. Just like there were questions about Victor Cruz, Miles Austin, Tony Romo, Arian Foster, etc..... There were less questions about Jj Watt.
I agree there are questions. I was just saying the "passed over by x teams" when you are picking at "x+1" is trite silly worn-out and self-defeating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
But anyways, I'm glad to learn that Hopkins is not a difference maker before he has even stepped out on the field. I mean he only had 82 rec, 1,405 (twice as many as the next WR on his team), and 18 TDs (15 more than the next WR on his team) Yep, he sucks and has no shot at making a difference here. What's even more depressing is that it's not just him.. "most of this yrs draft picks" don't have a shot at becoming difference makers. What a complete waste this year's draft was.
You do realize that all 82 catches were bubble screens and busted plays? That not a single one was a true "college level" reception?
(Does make me wonder how bad the receivers rated below Hopkins are...)
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote