View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013   #400
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
What's with all of this we crap?

The Texans are BoB's team. He wants a certain type of player on his team and really could care less what the avg fan thinks, as long as those corporate $$$$ keep rolling in.

The NFL is strioctly a big business monopoly that puts what's good for the owners bank accounts 1st and foremost. If you dont see that look at the rules changes God'ell is forcing down the fans throats at the behest of the owners. God'ell could give 2 craps about saftey. But he does care about how much $$$$ the owners are going to have to pay out in the concussion lawsuits. Even if the rule changes will ruin the game that we all love.

End of rant

BTW, I wanted Short over Hopkins. Like most of this yrs draft picks Hopkins is a very good player (He wasn't even the best WR on his college team) but not a true differencemaker.
Yeah the NFL is a buisness... They're in the business of winning football games, so they can continue to sell tickets, and can get increased revenue that the playoffs bring and increased ticket prices/sales so I don't really understand your "He wants a certain type of player on his team" line. What "certain type of player" is that? Because from all I see, the only type of players Bob wants is players that'll help him win football games and the man does care what fans think about his team, it's why he spends so much money on his public relations.

You're also completely off your rocker if you think Goodell and the owners don't legitimately now care about safety. It goes back to the whole business thing. Ex Players offing themselves or killing other people in murder suicides is not a good public image and bad for business. The long term effects of concussions and other head injures sustained through years of playing football is threatening their entire existence. Trust me... They care. It's why they've sunk so much money into inserting programs (heads up) into youth football. If parents start to view football as a sport that will scramble their kid's brain.. parents will start pulling their kids out of the sport the same way they did boxing.. thus cutting off a pipeline for the NFL. The top athletes will be funneled into other sports like basketball or baseball and the NFL will become a sub par product.

But anyways, I'm just glad to learn that Hopkins is not a difference maker before he has even stepped out on the field, it's good to know now so I don't get my hopes up. I mean he only had 82 rec, 1,405 (twice as many as the next WR on his team), and 18 TDs (15 more than the next WR on his team) Yep, he sucks and has no shot at making a difference here. What's even more depressing is that it's not just him.. "most of this yrs draft picks" don't have a shot at becoming difference makers. What a complete waste this year's draft was.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote