Thread: NT Concern...
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013   #88
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 22903 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NT Concern...

My understanding of Wade's defense comes from an excellent analysis I read a while back. ( As a side note, we call his base defense a 34, but it closely resembles a 52 ) With the right talent, Wade's base defense would stay on the field the majority of the game. The only offensive formation which might require a sub-package is an empty backfield - a five receiver spread formation. Wade has had to use the sub-packages so much because he hasn't had the talent not to.

Quote:
Actually, offenses run a hurry up to catch you in your BASE defense to create the mismatches...
This is precisely what I said, although I obviously did not make myself clear. I specifically remember one play where the offense had just made a play to get inside the red zone and we were trying to change our defense. The ball was snapped before our players had time to set up. It was actually kind of hilarious.

If the offense is not making substitutions, we shouldn't have to.

For Wade's defense to perform to its full potential, the NT must demand the C/OG double team.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote