View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013   #30
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grades Round 4 - Trevardo Williams

I'm starting to look into Williams a little bit.

Going over the competition he faced, there were a slew of OTs that were tanked in the 30s and 40s at their position. Those are pretty good college players, but not NFL caliber.

The one guy he faced that was drafted was Justin Pugh.
In that game; however, Wiliiams was pitted against Pugh just 8 or 9 times.
He stalled a run play on one occasion.
He was pretty much neutralized by Pugh on two pass rushes.
The other times, it was more or less a standstill with neither winning their personal matchup. If the play went this way, it wouldn't be guaranteed of much success.
There were a few times they lined up against each other when Trevardo was optioned.

Overall, Pugh won that match up slightly, but Williams wasn't overmatched.

He looks stronger than I thought he would be.
He can still benefit from building up more core strength though.
He can afford to lose a little of his quickness and speed.

I need to watch more of his tapes.

Also, I learned that he got injured (ankle sprain, I think) in the next to last game of the season and didn't play in the final game against the Bearcats.

I would have liked to see him play in that game against a Junior that is rated #6 (I think) at the OT position in the next draft class.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote