View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013   #90
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 3/2 Sam Montgomery

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That's why Montgomery is better over the TE where he can use his strength against the run game and his sacks will come in clean up where his motor takes over.

Williams is the rush linebacker to watch, I think. He's got the speed to do what Mercilus was expected to do.

I think we're going to see Reed and Montgomery used in a situational rotation at the SAM and Mercilus and Williams in a rotation as the Rush LB.

With the drafting of these 2 rush guys early, I think Wade had an eye on versatility and wants to cut down on rotations seeing as how NE had our defensive personnel looking confused and silly on more than 1 occasion in 2 separate games last year.....largely b/c of guys rotating in attempting to match personnel packages.

I think there will be an early rotation at SAM between Williams and Montgomery (i think Mercilus is a lock to start at the other) and the winner of that in preseason will get the nod for the rest of the season. I suspect Montgomery will win this competition b/c of how stout he is against the run.

This way, Wade gets all of his best pass rushers on the field. & with the athleticism all of these guys possess, he won't be forced to sub too much when teams run no huddle, spread and dual TE packages as all of these guys who could potentially be asked to cover are athletic enough to pull it off.

Reed won't be involved in any rotation b/c he'll be kicked inside.....they supposedly already have tape of him playing mlb last year and apparently they must feel comfy with him in that role b/c they haven't exactly ruled it out when reporters ask about it. I think they'll just give him the benefit of the doubt and lean heavily on the reasoning that injuries limited his progression as a pass rusher last year.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote