View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013   #27
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grades Round 4 - Trevardo Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Y'all are probably right. I'm just spit-ballin because I see the position as a huge need right now. We all saw how exposed our ILBs were towards the end of last season. Sure, we'll get Cush back but still be sorely lacking on the other side.

Dobbins is what he is, a run stuffer between the tackles. I have no faith whatsoever in Sharpton. So, if we're unable to lure in a Dansby type fill in....wait for it....I'd rather bring Brady James back. Ha, that shows how I feel about Dobbins and Sharpton.

I bagged on James a lot last season, but he ended up having to play a lot more than what he was supposed to. Maybe he could've ended up being ok next to Cush? Who knows, but Dobbins or Sharpton is not the answer imo
Yeah, I have to agree, I don't think the Texans have the long term answer to the ILB position next to Cush right now. Dobbins is OK as a backup and Sharpton just can't seem to stay healthy.

As for Dansby, what kind of money do the Texans have to offer besides the vet minimum? He's 31 years old, but he's been a solid player for years and would be a good pickup. I just don't know if the Texans are even looking at him. They may be happy with the players they have right now and aren't looking for any other FA ILB's. My guess is they'll probably sign a FA for the minimum, or close to it, and they'll carry 4 ILB's on the roster. Next year though, they will definitely have to draft an ILB. Cush isn't getting any younger, and how much longer can they keep putting Dobbins or Sharpton out there.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote