Thread: NT Concern...
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013   #86
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 28119 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NT Concern...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
How often was Ngata on the field? I'd say he's a "top tier" NT. Even if he's lost a step over the years I can't imagine him being off the field for too long. I just think, and I'm sure others on this MB do too, that if the Texans had a NT that size (6'4" 330 lbs) that has some quickness and can plug the middle, that it would help the ILB's and DE's regardless of what the Pats or any other team do. I do agree with you that "they don't grow on trees," but I hope if one does come along, the Texans don't pass on him just because "he will only play 2 downs and won't be on the field that much."
He's actually not listed as their NT. Kemoeatu (sheesh that guy is freaking huge) and Terrence Cody are. I'm guessing Ngata gets moved around in similar fashion Watt slides in and out to take advantage of his athletic ability with that bulk. Wish we had one of those next to Watt though.

And I agree. I would hope that if a NT like you described was available that even Wade would see the need to change his defense a bit and snag that player up to utilize them more. Got to be flexible when a gem like that comes along. I know Wade had Ted Washington as his nose a few years so I assume he is willing to adapt if the right guy comes along.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote