View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013   #365
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
you can go to nfldraftscout.com and look at every players combine and pro day #s. In fact, go look at the top 20 wrs in the nfl and check their shuttle #s. That's what I did months ago after watching wrs on tape. When I see guys like patterson and hopkins in the 4.5 range for the shuttle, that's an alarm for me. Like I said before, aquan boldin was a 4.7 40yd dash guy. If u watched Q in college , he got great seperation. People wonder how he gets open with a 4.7,but he's a 4.1 in the shuttle which is short area quickness. That's vital as a wr.
BUT, Hopkins also ran a 6.83 3 cone which is a good time and also shows short area quickness. I love the 20yd short shuttle and use it with most of the athletes I train, there is some technique to it and it definitely favors shorter guys and those with a wider frame.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote