View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013   #358
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
No, it doesn't set the ceiling, it gives you a certain probability.

A guy with a good combination of a 10-yd split, the vertical, and the broad jump demonstrates more explosiveness than one who doesn't.

Then you add those with the facts whether he can run good routes, which Hopkins does well (but not great).
Then you consider the fact that he had quite a few dropped balls, and you have to factor that into your consideration.
Some may think it a red flag when he took plays off against lesser opponents (I don't.)

In the process of evaluation, like I had mentioned before, there are other things you want to consider: the level of play of the QB (whether the running game or the line play hurt or helped), the level of competition, etc.
Again, I respect the time you put into your research but it makes me chuckle some. Anyway, I see where you stand on it and disagree with his elite "probability". Keep doing what you do though even if I disagree with you on occasion.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote