View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013   #357
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
The tests set the ceiling huh? I must be too old school to understand that and I'm only 31. Sorry, I'm just not buying what you're selling in this particular situation.
No, it doesn't set the ceiling, it gives you a certain probability.

A guy with a good combination of a 10-yd split, the vertical, and the broad jump demonstrates more explosiveness than one who doesn't.

Then you add those with the facts whether he can run good routes, which Hopkins does well (but not great).
Then you consider the fact that he had quite a few dropped balls, and you have to factor that into your consideration.
Some may think it a red flag when he took plays off against lesser opponents (I don't.)

In the process of evaluation, like I had mentioned before, there are other things you want to consider: the level of play of the QB (whether the running game or the line play hurt or helped), the level of competition, etc.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote