View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013   #354
greekdbag
Veteran

Rep Power: 1796 greekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I think you want a combination of as many test scores as possible:
The 10-yd split, the vertical, the broad jump - all are designed to measure the explosiveness of a receiver (and the forty time is also a consideration, with the 3-cone time not as important for receivers.)
Hopkins isn't among the top guys with a good combination of those tests.
Well, a 1.55 10-yard split is really good and a 36 inch vertical is good as well. He also killed it in the gauntlet drill. And he measured in with very big hands and very long arms as I've said before. I just see a Roddy White clone when I watch him play, though, which is what matters most.

He had the over 4.5 forty time at the combine but he ran sub 4.5 at his pro day so take that for what it's worth.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/sto...sh-441-seconds
greekdbag is offline   Reply With Quote