View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013   #352
greekdbag
Veteran

Rep Power: 1796 greekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I would agree that having Tajh Boyd was extremely beneficial to Hopkins. I don't understand why some people think Boyd is overrated. I'm not picking on any poster here, because I live in ACC country and I hear it down here as well. I have Boyd as my #1 quarterback prospect for next year. He and Bridgewater look the most impressive to me.

Boyd is somewhat like a Russell Wilson, in that he just makes plays. He doesn't stand out physically, but he just makes it happen. I remember Russell Wilson at NC State and he was an absolute monster, much like Boyd. I was always very high on Wilson, much higher than most, but maybe that's because not alot of people got to see him play for NC State. It was not like at Wisconson; many times at NC State he would throw it 40 times a game. He was so good and used to BURN Florida State. Boyd does the same thing.

More on topic, Hopkins is probably pretty difficult to grade. Clemson's offense is so unique and Tajh Boyd does keep plays alive with his legs, that sometimes guys just get WIDE open. I love Hopkins though and I think he is going to be a hell of a pro. Many times that he did get wide open, he got himself open through route running precision, so I am not at all concerned about him being a product of their system.
Bridgewater is miles ahead of Boyd for me. I have never been able to get on the Tahj Boyd wagon. Maybe it's because I watched a bunch of his games in 2011 and his accuracy was not impressive to me.
greekdbag is offline   Reply With Quote