View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013   #322
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 50924 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

We got Hopkins at 27. The only WR off the board was Tavon Austin.

What do we say about QBs when only one goes in the first round?

What do we say about the RB class when none of them go in the first round?

How does that apply to WRs who were passed by 26 other teams?

It's not a definite that Hopkins won't amount to much, or that none of the 2013 running backs will be all-pros, that's not what I'm saying. He's going to have flaws
I meant starting with the Texans pick WRs started off the boards...

18 picks in a row, no WRs (9-26)

Then in a space of 15 picks:
27 Hopkins
29 Patterson
34 Hunter
41 Woods

Then another 17 picks in a no WRs (42-58 -> which carries you to after the Texans 2nd round pick).

So the point being if you traded back from 27 to 42 or 35, you would have lost a lot on picking the WR you wanted.

The argument "WRs who were passed by 26 other teams" is inherently self-defeating. Anyone at any position picked #27 was passed over 26 times. That will lead you to: "J.J. Watt can't be any good - 10 teams passed over him. Blaine Gabbert is clearly better than Watt - he was picked ahead of him." And I don't think you want to go there.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote