View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013   #313
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
^This. 76T is just doing his due diligence. He puts a lot of time into developing his opinions on players. No need to attack him. He has no ulterior motives. He's just voicing his opinion backed by film study.

You'll recall not many were in his corner when he took a more unpopular stance -- that Kareem Jackson was much better than most thought. Then 2012 happened.

My problem with taking the Vikings deal is: Patterson, Hopkins, Hunter, and Woods are off the board. I think Hopkins was the clear choice for this team at this time. I love so much of what he does. What we know is the guy will work to maximize his potential. That's big, because there are some hugely physically gifted NFL WRs who just disappoint.

He'll never be AJ Green, but he could be at the top of #2s with upside.
This. No need to attack 76. He puts time into what he's doing, and he's not some Titans fan in disguise to attack us. IMO some people are just overreacting because 76 is not all aboard on the 1st round pick train and we're afraid he's right. The fact is, Hopkins is yet to play a single down in the NFL. And until he does, we'll never know exactly what he'll be for us. He could meet, exceed, or disappoint our expectations - but we won't know until August and September.

I don't agree with him on Hopkins, I think he fits nicely into our offense - but there's no need to attack 76.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote