View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will the Combine Results be Predictive of NFL Success, Especially with WRs

Yeah. I was hoping for all the 2013 receivers to be graded by the metric.

He did say the Bench was an unexpected metric that seemed to correlate with WR success.

If that's the case, the WRs grade out like this:

26 -- T.J. Moe
22 -- Josh Boyce
20 -- Markus Wheaton
Lanear Sampson
Chris Harper
19 -- Marus Davis
17 -- Mark Harrison
16 -- Kenny Stills
Ryan Swope
15 -- DeAndre Hopkins
Ryan Spadola
14 -- Alan Bonner
Robert Woods
Tavon Austin
13 -- Marquise Goodwin

Others of note:
Steadman Bailey -- 11
Cobi Hamilton -- 11
Terrance Williams -- 11
Da'Rick Rogers -- 10
Quinton Patton -- 8

Keenan Allen, Corderrelle Patterson, and Justin Hunter did not participate.

I don't know, though. I'm looking at the 2012 guys and I'm not seeing a who's who of WRs with high bench presses. The guy with the highest number of reps in 2012 went to the Jags and didn't get any stats.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote