View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013   #40
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 228126 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak
Default Re: 2013 players to watch for Texans '14 draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I saw him in 2 games where his team was overmatched (Oregon & Boise State). Cons are that he has some of the same sidearm delivery issues his older brother had. And is more careless with the ball. On the pro side, Derek keeps his eyes downfield longer and has much better touch. He throws some of the better lob passes in college football. Not the caliber of prospect his brother was out of college, Derek is not going to be a top 10 pick. But, the Texans aren't likely to be selecting in the top 10, either. If he improves on his ball security, Carr will probably go in the 2nd-3rd round area along with McCarron and Murray. And he's a better athlete than either of them.
Correct me if I am wrong but David wasn't expected to be a 1st round pick after his junior year was he? - really pretty much blew up his senior season.

More specifically, what do you mean by more careless?

Does he see the middle of the field? - David sucked at that.