Les Miles didn't put him on blast.
A strength and conditioning coach posted that sign because he missed a class.
"A" as in "one".
And your whole point about him being a guy, like Mario, who likes to take plays off is bull. He's a high-motor guy. Here's a quote from one of your sources for Montori Hughes:
Montgomery has some limitations as a pass rusher, but is a high motor player who holds his ground well against the run and constantly making tackles in pursuit. He figures to go on the second day of the NFL draft, projecting to a second or early third round pick
Montgomery doesn't have an eighth of the character concerns that Montori Hughes has. Montori Hughes was:
1) Suspended for a game because of academic issues
2) Suspended again, from what I can tell, for unspecified reasons.
3) Involved in a brawl in a bar that left a police officer injured but he was not charged.
4) Involved in an incident in the dorm rooms of his college.
5) Kicked off the team by his coach.
6) Has a questionable motor.