View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013   #514
bobbeaux
Rookie

Rep Power: 595 bobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2013 NFL Draft, Rounds 4, 5, 6, & 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I truly believe we would have picked Arthur Brown, which is why the Ravens leap-frogged us to pick him. I have similar, not quite as strong, feelings about the 49ers jumping us in the 3rd to get OLB Corey Lemonier
prior to the draft, i felt ilb was a huge need and was even pushing for 1 of the top 3 in the 1st and wr in the 2nd . . . then as we went thru the combine and more reports on players became available (not to mention the teo media fiasco) and also more detailed discussions on wade's defense on this board, it became apparent to me that safety was a bigger need even after the reed signing . . . in hindsight of the way the draft fell, we would have needed an early 2nd to get a wr we were comfortable starting day 1 and i'm assuming we couldn't find a trade down partner . . . i'm not so sure the texans were looking at arthur brown so much as the ravens watched minter, alonso and even bostic come off the board in the 2nd . . . other than minter, i believe that was too high for those players and brown actually dropped . . . the only thing that seemed odd to me is that we didn't at least take reddick with one of our 6ths, but maybe there is more to the story about him that we don't know . . . i am also happy about the olb and ol depth added and this draft seems to give the texans options we didn't have before . . . i still feel we could improve our depth at ilb and possibly other positions, but i don't believe we see many more moves until the june 1st cuts.
bobbeaux is offline   Reply With Quote