Thread: NT Concern...
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013   #78
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2408 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NT Concern...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
He missed 1 workout. ONE.

So Les Miles put him on blast for missing one workout, no.

He won't be asked to hold up in coverage. You think you know how to use Montgomery better than Wade and Herring do? Really? His job is to jam the hell out of the TE, to read run or pass and then stuff the run or get after the QB. He might be asked to play some zone but coverage is not his purpose.

IMO good teams, like the Patriots, will find a way to exploit him.

Montori Hughes started off at the University of Tennessee and was suspended multiple times and ultimately dismissed.

Link

And something from your own link:

Montori Hughes is a lazier and much less athletic version of Travis Johnson. He's got danger flags all over him.

Sam Montgomery is a high motor player. The games he "took off" were games where LSU won by more than 30 points. He played his best in the higher pressure games.

Would have liked to see us draft a player who does not take off large chunks of games, important or not. Hopefully he can turn into a high motor player who goes all out on every play but I doubt it. I think that this is something that he has done for a while now and these types of habits are hard to break. Difficult to go from taking games off, something he has probably done since high school, and turn into a player who gives effort on every play.

I know about Montori Hughes. He also has work ethic issues but he does not take games off. I think he would have been a better pick because he can shoot a gap and has shown the ability to command a double team, something that any team needs. Sam Montgomery does not fit our system. He is not athletic enough to play outside in a 3-4. He is a 4-3 end. Honestly I am tired of going back and forth on this issue so lets just agree to disagree. We will see in time how both players develop. Hopefully I am wrong and Sam Montgomery develops into a pass rushing demon who can cover half as good as Connor Barwin or Brooks Reed.

Last edited by SW H-TOWN; 05-04-2013 at 01:16 PM.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote