View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Draft Grades - Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I see him taking over for Smith when his contract runs out. I also think Williams overtakes Newton in due time. This is exactly the kind of haul we've needed on the O-Line for some time.
pretty much my thinking as well, point being Texans moved up to draft Quess because they graded him much higher, for instance I gave him a solid 4th rd. grade with a very good chance to be a starter someday in this league. actually Texans have been consistent in understanding need to address both positions WR & OL last couple years. Taking Brandon Brooks, RG in 3rd & Ben Jones C/OG 4th (where would Texans have been without them last season?)? then pair of WR's in DeVier Posey 3rd & Keshawn Martin 4th. So there has been steady influx of talent in positions of need during middle rounds for awhile as team retools under salary cap restrictions & eventual retirement, like any well ran business. I see similar situation this draft. A- is a very generous grade but we'll take it. Guess I'm warming up to this group as well

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote