Thread: NT Concern...
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013   #73
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331852 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NT Concern...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Just to help me get my terminology straight.

If we release Antonio Smith before the start of the 2013 season, he will be considered a cap casualty. If he signs a contract somewhere else, $3M+, we might get a compensatory pick for him.
OK if you want to get your terminology straight never mix into any conversation ever again the terms cap casualty and compensatory picks.

Compensatory picks are determined solely on free agents, i.e. players whose contracts expire according to their terms rather than are waived/cut.

Cap casualty is a meaningless term as far as the league is concerned and basically is reserved for fan conjecture on why the team cut/waived someone or didn't offer more to re-sign them.