Thread: NT Concern...
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013   #64
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: NT Concern...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
I would have drafted both Jones and Hughes and put Jones on the practice squad until Antonio Smith is not with the team. I think Smith will be a cap casualty in a year or two.
Just to help me get my terminology straight.

If we release Antonio Smith before the start of the 2013 season, he will be considered a cap casualty. If he signs a contract somewhere else, $3M+, we might get a compensatory pick for him.

If we do not resign Antonio after the 2013 season, would we consider him a cap casualty?

Mario, Barwin, Dressen, Briesel, & Pollard weren't "cap casualties because they weren't cut or released. They were free agents we didn't sign.

Demeco (even though he was traded), Winston, Jacoby, & Walter were all cap casualties, since they were under contract & released (or traded) to provide cap relief.

Is that how y'all see it?