View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013   #271
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
The rule about beginning a sentence with a conjunction is out of date and no longer followed.

Although "more" would have been preferable in most instances, "more and more" communicated what I wanted to say in that his targets would have increased not once, but multiple times in a discrete (not discreet) way. "Increasingly more" implies a steady ramping up and the use of an adverb there is awkward.

But seriously, if someone uses a word or phrase incorrectly, don't you think it's better to let them know about it so they can use it correctly in the future? I do. It's one thing to get corrected here where usage is more casual than to make the mistake in a setting where you'll be embarrassed.

I don't go through the forum and correct all the mistakes I see. Most of them are just typos and I make as many of them as anyone else. But if I see someone make the same mistake over and over, I consider it a favor to correct it. I'd expect the same.
TPN, next can you drive home some "then" and "than" lessons? My money says it's a lost cause on this board and many others.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote