View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013   #270
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Just curious but since you brought up grammar, should you begin a sentence with "but"? Would not a ";" then continuation be more proper?
The rule about beginning a sentence with a conjunction is out of date and no longer followed.

Quote:
Also, "he'd have seen more and more" seemingly should be more correctly written "more" or "increasingly more"? Perhaps you could elaborate and take the focus away from what we are discussing as I am certain that I was the only one who realized what the OP meant.
Although "more" would have been preferable in most instances, "more and more" communicated what I wanted to say in that his targets would have increased not once, but multiple times in a discrete (not discreet) way. "Increasingly more" implies a steady ramping up and the use of an adverb there is awkward.

But seriously, if someone uses a word or phrase incorrectly, don't you think it's better to let them know about it so they can use it correctly in the future? I do. It's one thing to get corrected here where usage is more casual than to make the mistake in a setting where you'll be embarrassed.

I don't go through the forum and correct all the mistakes I see. Most of them are just typos and I make as many of them as anyone else. But if I see someone make the same mistake over and over, I consider it a favor to correct it. I'd expect the same.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote