View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013   #269
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'm sorry, man, but I've seen this on the board a few times. It's not "weary" (which means tired) but "wary" (which means careful and has the same root as beware).

Kubiak expects 1st rounders to be starters. He's more careful with later round picks and gives them more leeway and time to grow into the offense.

But he's mostly about performance. If you perform in practice, he'll get you onto the field in the real game. If you perform in the game, he'll make sure you get more chances.

Guys who are gamers but don't perform well in practice won't see the field in a Kubiak offense.

Keshawn obviously was showing good things in practice last year, so he leapfrogged over Posey and Jean. But when he got his chances on the field, he didn't show up. If he'd caught more of those passes, he'd have seen more and more thrown to him.I expect Hopkins to start at #2. Kubiak's going to expect a lot from him early. If Hopkins doesn't make the catches or doesn't run the right routes, he'll get demoted and Jean will move up and get another chance.

At least, that's the way I see it and expect it to go down.
Just curious but since you brought up grammar, should you begin a sentence with "but"? Would not a ";" then continuation be more proper?

Also, "he'd have seen more and more" seemingly should be more correctly written "more" or "increasingly more"? Perhaps you could elaborate and take the focus away from what we are discussing as I am certain that I was the only one who realized what the OP meant.