View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013   #84
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 3/2 Sam Montgomery

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
If you don't like Mercilous as a pass rusher on the Weak side you won't like Montgomery. Montgomery is better then mercilous in one area and that is strength.

You don't like Brooks Reed as a pass rusher and he's better at everything then Montgomery.

The rush LB spot in this defense has to be dominate at rushing the passer. Last year we were terrible at both spots rushing the passer.
I just disagree with your analysis.

I think Reed may currently be better because of his experience and well..He doesn't suck. He's solid, but I don't think he's really good.

I think Montgomery is more talented and plays strong. And he's also more aggressive on the filed IMHO.

And you don't have to be "dominant" at the WOLB position at rushing the passer. you just have to be disruptive. I think Montgomery could do that in the future. I wouldn't expect him to come in as a rookie and be that guy, but I think in spurts there as a rookie he could be effective. When he knows it's a pass he can get after the QB. Same with Trevardo except their pass rushing ability is about as opposite as can be.

Like I said...I think he's better suited on the strong side, but I think he could play the weakside if needed.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote