View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013   #25
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grades Round 4 - Trevardo Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Honestly, I'd rather have someone in the middle that's used to standing up and reading stuff in front of them. Someone that can shuffle, backpedal, flip their hips a little bit..flow one way then suddenly change directions....

I don't know if Williams can do that. Maybe he can, but he seems to be at his best on film when he knows the other team is passing them ball and he can just pin his ears back and go. I personally don't know if any of the OLBs we currently have would make really good ILB's other than maybe Braman.

He has a more athletic body type and he changes directions well which you can see with the way he plays special teams. He has the speed and fluidity that would be needed to move in space and cover the middle of the field or backs out of the backfield. Physically, I think he might be the best fit.

There's also a couple undrafted Free agents we have that I like. And of Course Dobbins. If I were the Texans, I'm starting Dobbins at ILB. Letting Sharpton back up...And then having Reed and Braman and one or two of the UDFA's ready just in case.

And I might sign a free agent that's currently out there if the price is right. Dansby would be a nice pick up.
Agree.

Trevardo looks great at just pinning his ears back and going. He needs to learn a lot and I think what you're perceiving as lack of strength is just lack of technique. I think he's a steal.

I don't see him inside, either.

If we could pick up Dansby... wow... that would solve a LOT of problems right there.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote