View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013   #69
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 3/2 Sam Montgomery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I honestly think they drafted two olb's because they realized that their edge players were sub par. Reed and merciless need to show major improvement this year or I'd rotate some other guys in there. We can't have such pathetic pressure from the edges again this season.

I'm looking for both of the rookies we drafted to be involved in the pas rush this year because frankly I don't think the incumbents will do enough in passing situations to keep them off the field.
I think you're completely correct. I was thinking of the SAM jamming the TE and then taking him into coverage and Montgomery's not going to be good at that... but I think I was wrong.

Montgomery will easily be able to handle the POA on the strongside. He would be a beast in that sort of situation and, like you said, much better than Reed is at it.

And while watching Williams, I kept thinking that he looked like he'd be better at Will than Reed or Mercilus ever have.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote