View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013   #20
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 3/2 Sam Montgomery

They're Putting him at sam because he plays strong. He holds the point well and overall he's good against the run.

Brooks Reed didn't cover people coming out of college either...and honestly he's not some body that you want playing a bunch of coverage either. All these guys are converted DE's who primarily rushed the quayernack on passing downs.

You just want your strong side OLB to be decent enough to drop into zone...not get completely embarrased on the rate occasions you have to play man.

But while we're talking about Reed, i don't really think he's all that good. I think he's ok. I don't care for him at OLB because I don't think he's a good pass rusher from the edge. I don't really like him at MLB because I don't think he's fluid enough in coverage (which he'd be doing a lot more of) and I don't think he's a sideline to sideline guy. I don't think he brings a lot of value to that position on much else besides runs in between the tackles where he can use his strength and leverage to stuff the hole.

But I think he's an ok solb and he'd be a below average MLB.

Not a merciless fan either. He plays stiff IMO and he nor reed are good at getting off blocks.

I honestly think they drafted two olb's because they realized that their edge players were sub par. Reed and merciless need to show major improvement this year or I'd rotate some other guys in there. We can't have such pathetic pressure from the edges again this season.

I'm looking for both of the rookies we drafted to be involved in the pas rush this year because frankly I don't think the incumbents will do enough in passing situations to keep them off the field.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote