View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013   #242
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The point is still the same. We don't know if Hopkins is "pro" enough for Kubiak. That's all I'm saying. Doesn't matter if Hopkins gives us the best shot to win. If Kubiak doesn't like his preparation, kid won't see the field.

I don't remember hearing Arian say any of that. I thought he was on a mission the minute he went undrafted.
Nope.

He's talked about this and he's admitted he was depressed and upset and sulking. He'd pretty much given up getting onto the field that season.

Seeing that a guy can go from the Practice Squad to the real team is one of the big things that lit a fire under his ass and got him going. IIRC, the other was a conversation with Kubiak where Kubes said, "Show me you're ready in practice and I'll put you on the field." or something to that effect. The MNF crew even patted themselves on the back for it at one point.

We talked about it a lot on Texans Talk back in the day after it came out because up until that point, quite a few people were pissed off that Arian hadn't seen the field sooner.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote